Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Invitation

'



So you think you have faith? Faith in what? I challenge you to figure out exactly what you believe. Stop glossing over the pillars of your faith. Start exploring the foundation. Stop relying on the filtered views of preachers and religious pundits. Start exploring God's Word yourself. God wants you to (Deuteronomy 11:18-19).

You may think that it would be boring to read the Bible yourself. While there are certainly sections that are real tests of endurance, there are equally sections that will shock your heart, rock your understanding of the nature of God, and suck you into reading more.

As I progress along myself, I'll even provide you with summarized books of the Bible to help you get right to the juicy meat of the text. Tomorrow, I will post the summarized book of Genesis to get you started.

I will present what I have discerned in studying the Bible in a manner specifically designed to get you thinking about what the real Truth is. I encourage you to prove me wrong if you can. So please, comment as much as you'd like to the posts.

Are you up for the challenge? I hope so! Please join me. Prove your faith. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment